Thank a vet
The VA Covers Acupuncture Benefits
Being of service to veterans is something I personally take a great deal of pride in. I was raised by a Vet. Providing the best acupuncture care for our warriors in Portland is near and dear to me and The WellBridge Clinic is an official Community Provider for the VA. That means veterans can seek care at our clinic. All they have to do is call us. We can begin the authorization process from our office.
Acupuncture Helps Reduce Opioid Dependence
Over the last 20 years, acupuncture has become a cornerstone in the health care of our military service members and veterans. Acupuncture initiatives such as Battlefield Acupuncture are used at home and abroad for pain relief, relaxation, and reducing opioid prescriptions.
- 60,000 U.S. service members have been injured in Iraq and Afghanistan since 2001?
- 400,000-500,000 U.S. veterans of recent wars suffer from combat-related pain and stress?
- 90% of vets live with chronic pain?
- $2 billion was spent on treatments for veterans recently diagnosed with PTS (Post Traumatic Stress) and TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) in 2010 alone?
- There has been a 45% reduction in Opioid prescriptions shown at the Acus flagship program? (Acus is a foundation dedicated to providing acupuncture for service members and veterans)
Acupuncture for Veterans
The WellBridge Clinic provides the best acupuncture care for our vets. The men and women we serve have health care needs that include:
- Injuries: Low back, neck, shoulder, knees, hips, feet, elbows, and hands.
- Concussions / TBI / Chronic Headaches
- Post-surgical support
- Alternatives to opiate pain medications
- Neuropathy, sciatica, numbness, and tingling
- Chronic pain conditions
- Sleep problems
- Anxiety and Calming the nervous system following intense and traumatic events
- Addiction support
How Do Veterans Get Acupuncture?
Is there a Vet in your life that could use help? The VA pays for acupuncture treatments with no out-of-pocket expense to the Vet. (The VA does not cover prescriptions from our clinic.) All they need to do is call our amazing Patient Care Team and we can begin the authorization process through the VA. It’s that simple!
Because the best health care is with providers working as a team, it is important for patients to be in communication with their VA physician. We always ask everyone to let their doctor know they want to add acupuncture to their health care.
Because all gave some and some gave all, take a minute today to thank a vet. You can ask, ‘Have they tried acupuncture yet?’
The WellBridge Clinic is privileged to be of service.